Your veterinarian should care about the natural environment as much as she cares about your pet
What does it mean to be a GREEN BUSINESS?
The California Green Business Network is a subgroup of the Green Business Engagement National Network. It encourages small- and medium-sized businesses to take steps toward conserving energy, water, and resources. Green Businesses have taken steps to show that they care about the environment and the health of their workers, communities, and clients.
What practices have you implemented to earn your GREEN CERTIFICATION?
Becoming GREEN certified means meeting and maintaining different criteria that minimize our carbon footprint. Here are just a few things that we’ve done to qualify:
- We generate all of our electrical needs with our rooftop solar panels.
- We recycle nearly everything, which includes organic materials that we donate for composting.
- We purchase recycled office supplies.
- We installed low-flow faucets, toilets, and other water devices.
- We use high-efficiency lighting that utilizes natural white light.
- We upgraded to double-pane windows that excel at energy retention.